Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Carolyn Braden: Second Grade Field Trip, Courtesy of @Target Field Trip Grants

I recently received a Target Field Trip Grant. I wrote the grant in order to be able to take my second graders to the Kentucky Museum of Art and Craft. Students will go on the trip in March. Students will be able to tour the museum and create art in their art classroom. I chose to have the students create folk art wooden toys based on the ideas of Louisville artist Marvin Finn. I loved doing the project with my second graders at my previous school and know my students this year will love it too. More info to come! A BIG thank you to Target. Their grant programs are wonderful. Having art on a cart doesn't allow me to do some 3-D projects I love. Being able to go to the museum allows my wonderful Schaffner Traditional students a chance to work in a real art classroom and create an amazing 3-D project.

No comments:

Post a Comment