Friday, February 1, 2013

Carolyn Braden: Sending Thanks To Schaffner Families!

Thank you to everyone for your support during our Square 1 Art fundraiser. I raised $1,901.33 for my art program! I used the money to buy clay, glazes, glaze palettes, oil pastels, yarn, looms, paper, tempera paint, watercolor sets, brushes, ink, smocks for students, kiln supplies, embroidery floss, glue, and more. I am using $700.00 to cover most of the expenses for our upcoming 2nd grade field trip to the KMAC. On the field trip, students will tour the museum and make a clay mask.
I will definitely be doing the Square 1 fundraiser again next year. I am also writing a grant to try to do an arts night at Schaffner next school year. It would be a night parents could come with their students and do mini art projects together. Keep your fingers crossed that I can get funds to do the event.

No comments:

Post a Comment