Sunday, February 2, 2014

Thank You Schaffner: Square 1 Art Fundraiser

I just received my supplies I was able to order thanks to the large check I received from Square 1 Art. The parents at Shaffner are amazing! They purchased many items from the fundraiser and it helped my art program tremendously. 

Here is what I am doing with the funds:
2nd Grade will go to the Kentucky Museum of Art and Craft and create clay masks. 
Every student will receive a poster with their self portrait project on it.
A mural will be created with the students portraits on it and it will be hung in Schaffner as a permanent art installation. 
Metal tiles were purchased for the 5th grade to embellish with tooling techniques and ink. Each square will be put together to create a large scale art piece to be hung as a permanent art installation.

I purchased these art materials for future art projects:
Class set of Crayola watercolor pencils
Class set of Crayola oil pastels
Class set of Crayola color sticks
Class set of tempera cakes
Crayola Tempera paint
Clay tool set
6 boxes of clay
Glazes in various colors
Edging scissors set
Kraft paper
Waldorf supply of beeswax clay
Magnetic architecture set
Watercolor paint refills
Embroidery floss
and more!

Most art supplies are consumable materials, meaning they are used and then gone. I have to replace materials often so having such supportive parents truly helps the students have art materials that help them create amazing art.
Many, many thanks!


No comments:

Post a Comment