Friday, August 19, 2011

First Week of School!

Here are some of my students first works of art for this new school year. We read a book called The Dot by Peter Reynolds. The book is about a little girl named Vashti who didn't think her art was good. Vashti learned to believe in herself and her talents when she realized her art teacher believed in her. I love reading it to my new students because I want them to know that I believe in them and their artistic talents. My goal this year is to make sure my students know art is a part of their everyday lives. Art is everywhere from the house you live in (architecture), the television shows you watch (performance art, costume design, set design, etc), the clothes (fashion design) you wear and more. Ask your student to point out as many art related things they see today. When you really think about it, artists are truly an important part of all our lives.












Carolyn J. Braden
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment